This morning I asked my sister if she wanted to meet me at a charity sale. I let her know when I was leaving and that it would take about 30 minutes to get there. I got to my gate and was met with quite a surprise.
Sent her a quick message that I couldn't get out of my driveway. She said her hubby could come but would have to go buy a new chain for his saw first. Told her I would get started on it and see what I could do. Went back to my house and got my trusty battery-powered, pole chainsaw. Just a quick plug for Kobalt, it is wonderful.
A very big sweetgum limb fell into a hackberry tree and also knocked down some pine limbs from a tree all the way across the driveway. The sweetgum limb is still wedged in the fork of the hackberry.
It took about 35 minutes to make a drivable path around the debris. I looked around at the mess. I was a sweaty mess. My clothes were soaked. My thought was "do I just go back to the house and forget shopping?" Maybe this was a "sign" I didn't need to go spend any money. (Like I need a sign to tell me that. lol) I thought about the situation a little more and realized no I needed to "Persevere." So I headed to the charity sale messy and sweaty. When it took 45 minutes to go 15 miles, I persevered.
My sister wasn't there when I got to the sale. I figured she had already left and I would just hurry through the building. She walked in a few minutes later. Traffic had her too. We found some really fantastic deals and a great charity that deals with disaster relief. Although we hadn't discussed it, we were both looking for a volunteer opportunity. We talked with volunteers who told us about their mission and history.
Driving away from the sale I realized how much I (we) would have missed if I had let the bad start to my day determine the rest of my day.
I worked clearing my drive a little more when I got home. I piled debris alongside my drive for about 60 feet. At some point, the hackberry tree is going to give way to the weight of that limb.
But Today, I Am Feeling Blessed
May 2018
Hopefully, it will look like this again soon.
Hopefully, it will look like this again soon.





No comments:
Post a Comment