Gary Patterson's Cats calendar is a sentimental favorite. Gotta love those cats. Of course, I have to have a calendar with Bible verses. Nothing trite though. I have dreams of creating calendars. Dreams - as in aspirations. Weird, huh? There are places in Montevallo that need to be in a calendar. Not man-made buildings on the historic college campus. Nature.
I love to see the cows on Salem Road. By mid-July it appears the cows are snorkeling in their little lake with only their heads bobbing in the water. Driving to work at sunrise, I see some amazing things. The little creek on Spring Creek Road is breathtaking early in the morning as it rushes over the rocks with a mist above it. On Hwy 119 I have seen the fog so low that you could only see the deer shoulders and heads moving around the pasture. It would take a better photographer than me and much better equipment to put on paper what I see. I guess that is part of my fascination with some calendars, beautiful photography. Not mountains in the distance or the red barn or the white church. Photos that tell a story or inspire questions. One of my favorite calendars was black & white photographs of old cemeteries in West Virginia.
I have one last nail waiting. This weekend I'll find the perfect calendar for it.
This was my best shot of the vulture tree. The week before it had been a crow tree.
The cows did not care for the paparazzi and proceeded to leave.
I love interesting clouds but the photo pales in comparison.
Shamblin Cemetery
Our family cemetery would make a great calendar. A fund raiser??
No comments:
Post a Comment