As her favorite quote says something about her, my quotes resonate with something in my life. Maybe a time or circumstance, person or relationship, an aha moment. Of course, some of my favorite movie quotes are from the classic Gone With The Wind.
(The quotes were found on www.IMBd.com)
Rhett - Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
Scarlett - I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow.
Scarlett - After all... tomorrow is another day.
Prissy - I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies.
Insightful words are timeless. Wizard of Oz:
The Wizard - Why, anybody can have a brain. That's a very mediocre commodity. Every pusillanimous creature that crawls on the Earth or slinks through slimy seas has a brain. Back where I come from, we have universities, seats of great learning, where men go to become great thinkers. And when they come out, they think deep thoughts and with no more brains than you have. But they have one thing you haven't got: a diploma
Auntie Em - I've been dying to tell you what I thought of you! And now... well, being a Christian woman, I can't say it!
The Wizard - A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others.
Scarecrow - Well, some people without brains do an awful lot of talking don't they?
The Wizard - ... you want a heart. You don't know how lucky you are not to have one. Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.
From Something's Gotta Give:
Harry - I have never lied to you, I have always told you some version of the truth. Erica - The truth doesn't have versions, okay?
Erica - It's about a divorced woman, a writer. She's this high-strung, overamped, controlling, know-it-all neurotic... who's incredibly cute, and lovable.Until Yesterday, the following quote was just a funny line in Christmas Vacation. But on Monday, I found out that my employer changed the pay date for December bonus and it wouldn't be on this pay period. Four days notice!! All I could think of was Clark's reaction to the jelly of the month club letter. His whole rant was rolling around in my head. But as Auntie Em said, "... being a Christian woman, I can't say that!" I bit my tongue and it sure hurt!
Clark - If this isn't the biggest bag-over-the-head, punch-in-the-face I ever got ....You've Got Mail is one of my all time favorites. Rarely do I see people in real life who are as introspective as Joe and Kathleen who email some great lines in the movie.
Joe Fox - Do you ever feel you've become the worst version of yourself? That a Pandora's box of all the secret, hateful parts - your arrogance, your spite, your condescension - has sprung open? Someone upsets you and instead of smiling and moving on, you zing them.
Kathleen - Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?
Time for the chickens to turn in. Good night.
Live Long and Prosper.
No comments:
Post a Comment