Thursday, January 2, 2014

Preparations

Thursday night is when I normally prepare my Saturday itinerary. I schedule the things I must-do and then everything else. Yard Sale-ing has crept into my must-do routine. It has pushed my Piggly-Wiggly meat ritual to the back burner. I no longer sit at McDonalds and read either. I digress.
On Thursday evening I check 3 websites:
my local Craig's list yard sales/garage sales
www.estatesales.net
www.yardsalesearch.com
All three of these sites are getting well known and used in the Birmingham area.
With the yardsalesearch.com, you put in your zip code and how far you will travel. All the sales pop up with maps and details. I love it. If I am already headed to my mother's or to Tannehill, I can put in a different zip code and find sales around where I will be. The only drawback is no pictures.
With the estatesales.net, I can follow liquidation companies I like. Usually there are a lot of pictures that help me know if it is a waste of my time or simply out of my price bracket.
I like Craig's List but while they are listing their sale they are also looking up prices on e-bay.
I try to remember to buy Mule Trader on Wednesday. Lots of good things in there.
I especially like the yard sales that put out signs as early as Wednesdays because that is their only advertising.

I decided that I needed to treat my junk gathering as a job. For about 2 years, I have been buying trash and treasures with this goal in mind -  I want to be able to refurbish, re-purpose, and re-sale junk and actually make money doing it. lofty? I'm looking for tangible American history or the Picasso in the attic.

I love metal things.


But for my yard, I especially love quirky!

No comments:

Post a Comment